Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Paintings

My two newest paintings full of color and light!

"The Love of a Sister"
This is two of my grand daughters,  Denver, and her sister Tatelin.  I have been learning from a book called "Color Harmonies" by Rose Edin and Dee Jepsen, and loved one of their paintings.  I wanted to see if I could possible make my paintings with more color so I had my daughter, Julie, take a picture of Denver and Tatelin holding hands and then painted them into a similar scene that I learned from their book.  
 I just love the many colors and the light! 

"My Precious Huntley" 
This is my grand daughter, Denver, when she was about three.  I painted this picture after learning from the "Color Harmonies" book and am loving all the colors.  The actual picture was taken by my daughter, Julie, a very talented photographer.   Denver is holding her precious "Huntley" a bear that her Dad gave her when she was five months old.  She is still very attached to "Huntley" and still sleeps with him every night.   

Please let me know what you think about these two new paintings in the comments.
Thanks for following.

2 comments:

Ju said...

Awesome . Love both of these pictures!!!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

These are beautiful!!