Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

"Lamb and the Lion"
 The star of the painting is the lion from the San Diego Safari Park where I attend with my daughter and her two children.  He was in a posing mood so I got some great shots.  When I added the lazy river in the back is when I felt it was finally finished and helped support the peaceful feeling this painting portrays.  Soft Pastels on 16 x 20 mixed media board.



I have always loved florals, Gods creations are always astounding to me and the photo reference of this painting grabbed my attention and I wanted to experience painting of this beautiful peonie. (Photo reference from Paint My Photo)
Soft pastels on 8 x 10 Pastelmat.


While on an art tour last summer I had to stop and take a picture of this truck that was being restored. They had only added a couple of new chrome wheels in the back which I did not include,  but I enjoy painting old trucks and this one was fun.  I used pastel pencils for the truck to help get finer details and soft pastels for the florals and greenery.
5x7 on Pastelmat

My husband has these tiny scriptures that he reads from daily and I thought they would be a good subject for an art challenge.  I liked the "S" composition from the photo reference.
Soft pastels on 8 x10 Pastelmat.


No comments: